Why Wait? pamphlet
List Price: $3.99|
Product Code: 428X
Also Available As:
Why Wait? takes on one of the biggest challenges among teens and singles: sexual activity. This bestselling full-color pamphlet presents 24 reasons-12 biblical and 12 medical and emotional-to think twice before risking health and happiness on sex outside of marriage. Emphasizing God's perfect plan for marriage and his prohibition on sex outside of marriage, the glossy 12-panel pamphlet presents sobering statistics on incurable sexually transmitted diseases and sensible information that can spare people from having spiritual, emotional and/or physical regret. This grace-filled pamphlet also helps those who want forgiveness to be assured of God's love and a fresh new start.
Size: 8.5"x 5.5" unfolds to 33" long. Fits inside most Bible covers.
Teens and single adults ask themselves, Why Wait? Why does God care if I have sex? Everyone else is doing it. In fact, these same people are often surprised to discover that God does have very good reasons for us to wait for sex until marriage. The pamphlet presents 12 of God's compelling reasons to wait, but also provides ideas for those who have "gone too far," as well as an encouraging section on "second-time virginity".
The pamphlet also offers "Quick Facts from Medical Science." For instance-
Did you know that:
- STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) cost $8.4 billion each year to treat in the United States alone?
- Two-thirds of people with STDs are less than 25 years old?
God's design for sex included marriage. While that may seem extreme to some, his plan is a wise one allowing time for true love and tenderness to grow, and this pamphlet presents God's plan of abstinence before marriage by providing:
- 12 Biblical reasons to wait, with verses of Scripture that inspire and encourage
- 12 health and emotional reasons, including issues of pregnancy, STDs and personal regret
- Nine ideas for "keeping out of trouble," such as
- Group dating
- Staying away from places where "making out" is encouraged
Here are a few Biblical Reasons given in the pamphlet Why Wait:
- Having sex with a person creates a kind of "oneness" that God intended for marriage only (1 Cor. 6:16). This oneness is not just physical; it is emotional and spiritual, too. God created sensuality in a loving marriage to build intimacy and trust, and to bond the couple.
- To test the commitment of the other person. Some people promise marriage just to get sex, and then they back out of their commitment. Many people have sex with people they would never marry (Proverbs 5:3-12).
- The Bible says we should run away from sexually immoral situations (1 Cor. 6:18). When you feel yourself being tempted, get away!
Here are a few Health & Emotional Reasons given in the pamphlet Why Wait:
- To avoid death by fatal sexually transmitted diseases, such as AIDS, which cause more than 18,000 deaths annually.
- To increase your chance of a happy, lasting marriage. People who have sex before marriage and those who live with their partners before marriage have a greater chance of getting divorced.
- To maintain healthier dating relationships. Many couples have reported that having sex ruined their relationship. They stopped getting to know each other and focused on sex instead.
More than just an abstinence brochure, this serious pamphlet includes a section on "Second-Time Virginity: It's never too late!" This section offers encouragement under headers such as
- Guilt and forgiveness
- You are not disqualified from being used by God
Other information includes:
- Quick Facts from Medical Science regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STD's), including facts on
- Human papilloma virus, an incurable STD causing 90% of cervical cancers
- Herpes virus, also incurable and painful, affecting 45 million people
- "Confidential to Parents"-a section to inform moms and dads about teenage sexuality, while offing them wisdom in guiding their kids toward. This section emphasizes the building of responsibility into the child, and the importance of parental expectations.
- A "Take the Pledge!" panel is included, giving singles the opportunity to take time to evaluate the issues and sign a pledge of abstinence until marriage.
All of the medical information on this pamphlet is from nationally known health organizations or researchers, such as the Centers for Disease Control, the Alan Guttmacher Institute, the National Institutes for Health, the Kaiser Family Foundations, and Johns Hopkins Medical School.
Review by: J. E. K. - June 5, 2007
I am very impressed with the entire line of Rose products. I find them very informative, excellent products. I am recommending them to all my friends. This pamphlet in particular is very interesting! Keep up the good work.