What the Bible Says About Prayer pamphlet
List Price: $3.99|
Product Code: 814X
Also Available As:
8 Signs of a Healthy Prayer Life
"I would rather teach one man to pray than ten men to preach."
"Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius."
George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon
Have you ever experienced the discouragement of an unanswered prayer? Have you found yourself questioning God, wondering "Why didn't he answer my prayer?" and "Why is he silent now when I need him the most?" Sometimes prayer seems like a one-sided event, even though we know God is listening.
14 panels, fits inside most Bibles, 8.5 x 5.5 inches, unfolds to 38 inches long
How do you respond to God's silence? Do you try to "figure" God out-the purpose behind it all-asking "Was it because I sinned?" "Is a better opportunity coming?" or "Have I lost God's favor?" Answering these questions can leave you disappointed and confused. After all, our Lord's ways are mysterious.
Now you can deepen your understanding of prayer with Rose Publishing's What the Bible Says About Prayer . This 14 panel pamphlet will help you experience the peace that comes from diving into a deeper communication with God.
What the Bible Says About Prayer Will Show You:
- How to pray
- Four kinds of prayer (ACTS)
- Types of prayers God does not accept
- How Jesus prayed
- Phrase-by-phrase analysis of the Lord's Prayer (in chart form)
- Denied prayers throughout the Bible
- What to do when God seems silent
- What to do when waiting for an answer
- Over 100 biblical examples of prayer
What the Bible Says About Prayer can help answer the following questions:
- Does God hear all our prayers?
- Do some people get special access to God?
- Is there a prayer technique that will get you what you want?
- Why didn't God answer my prayer?
- Why pray at all?
- Is there an incorrect way to pray?
- Should we always keep praying?
- Are there prayers that God doesn't accept?
- Is prayer a form of worship?
- What if I don't know what to pray?
- How do I pray without ceasing?
8 Signs of a Healthy Prayer Life:
- Prays frequently and persistently
- Asks in faith
- Acknowledges God's will
- Depends on the Holy Spirit
- Avoids selfish and hypocritical prayers
- Accepts when God says no
- Knows what to do when God seems silent
- Listens for God to answer
What the Bible Says About Prayer provides hundreds of fascinating prayer insights, facts, and tips at your fingertips and can be used for:
Why Buy What the Bible Says About Prayer?
- Individual study
- Discipleship groups
- Small Groups or Sunday School classes
- Christian or Home schools
- New Believers' class
- Support Groups
- Prayer Circles
- Church library
- Prison Ministry
Questions for Discussion or Journaling
- Easy to read. Explains the Bible visually.
- Full-color. Includes a Lord's Prayer chart and a basic introduction to prayer.
- Easy to understand. Uses concise and simple language.
- Fast. This easy-to-read pamphlet can take less than 30 minutes to read.
- Durable. What the Bible Says About Prayer has a glossy coating which helps it last.
- Convenient. This pamphlet's small size makes it easy to carry inside of your Bible, folder, or binder.
- Engaging. What the Bible Says About Prayer offers fascinating facts and handy study tips that revitalize individual and group Bible studies.
- Lightweight. Easier to mail than a book, enabling you to uplift and equip friends, family members, and missionaries anywhere in the world.
What the Bible Says About Prayer Goes Well With These Popular Books:
- Read "Three Things To Know Before You Pray" (panel 1). How does knowing these three "things" change your perspective on prayer?
- Refer to E.M. Bounds's prayer insight (panel 2). According to Bounds, what should your attitude be toward prayer? In what ways can you strengthen your prayer attitude?
- Read "Why Pray" (panel 2). What is prayer? Explain how prayer involves more than just words.
- Refer to the "Prayers of Jesus" box (panel 3). How and where did Jesus pray? Who did Jesus pray for? How can you follow his example in today's busy world?
- Read "Four Kinds of Prayer" (panel 4). Explain the four parts of ACTS. Reflect on your own prayer life. What kinds of prayer do you typically offer up to God? What kinds of prayer do you typically neglect? What steps can you take to balance your prayer life?
- Read "How to Pray" (panel 5). Identify the 8 tips on how to pray. How can you apply these tips to your prayer life?
- Review the "Lord's Prayer"(panel 7). Why does Jesus say this prayer? (hint: Who is the prayer actually for?) How many petitions are in the Lord's Prayer? Compare and contrast these petitions to your current prayer requests.
- Read "How Not to Pray" (panel 8). Fill in the blank: "Real prayer is an ____of the heart." Use this truth to analyze the three unacceptable forms of prayer.
- Read "When God Says No" (panel 9). When God answers "no" what might it actually mean? What Bible stories confirm this?
- Read "The Who, What, Where, When, and Why of Prayers in the Bible" (panel 13). What does this section reveal about prayer? Over 105 prayers are included in this section. What prayer stands out to you? Why?
What the Bible Says About Prayer is a resource you will refer to often as you seek to improve your prayer life and God's will in your life.
- Stormie Ormatian's The Power of a Praying Life
- Beth Moore's Praying God's Word
- Germaine Copeland's Prayers that Avail Much
- Kay Arthur's Lord Teach Me To Pray in 28 days
- Bill Hybel's Too Busy Not to Pray