Rose Guide To The Tabernacle
List Price: $29.99|
Product Code: 673X
"See Inside" the Tabernacle of Moses with Rose Guide to the Tabernacle!
Rose Guide to the Tabernacle is packed with fascinating facts, full-color Tabernacle pictures, reproducible charts, and diagrams not available in other books. It features eight clear plastic overlays showing the inside and outside of the biblical Tabernacle— the "tent of meeting."
Rose Guide to the Tabernacle is a full color, reproducible book on the the Tabernacle of Moses, with clear plastic overlays showing the "tent of meeting." The Tabernacle in the Old Testament was the place where the Israelites worshiped God after the Exodus. Learn how the sacrifices, utensils, and even the structure of the Tabernacle were designed to show us something about God. See the parallels between the Old Testament sacrifices and priests' duties, and Jesus' service as the perfect sacrifice and perfect high priest. Gain insight into the doctrines of sin, creation, salvation, justification, and God's sovereignty.
Rose Guide to the Tabernacle: WINNER of the 2009 Christian Retailing Retailers Choice Award for Bible Reference!
Easily learn more about the Old Testament Tabernacle in the Wilderness of Sinai
Rose Guide to the Tabernacle shows how—
- The Tabernacle was built
- The Tabernacle sacrifices pointed towards Jesus Christ
- The Tabernacle's design revealed God's holiness and humanity's need for God
- The Ark of the Covenant was at the center of worship.
Rose Guide to the Tabernacle explains the history of the Tabernacle, its sacred objects and activities , while also illuminating deep insight into what Jesus did for his followers during his life, his death and his resurrection. This fantastic resources is great for anyone doing a Tabernacle Bible study or for anyone wanting to dig deeper into the symbolism of the Old Testament.
"I'm not exaggerating when I say, "wow". This is an absolutely stunning resource on Israel's Old Testament Tabernacle...If you are only able to purchase one resource on the Tabernacle, make it Rose's Guide to the Tabernacle. You will have virtually everything you need for study and further research in this one volume and you definitely will not be disappointed." —Paul Dare, customer review
Rose Guide to the Tabernacle explains—
- The importance of the Feasts of the Bible, such as Shavuot (Feast of Weeks), Rosh HaShanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) and Hanukkah
- The purpose behind the design of the Tabernacle of Moses: The Courtyard, The Holy Place and The Most Holy Place
- The significance of the sacrifices: Sin Offering, Guilt Offering, Grain/Gift Offering, Burn Offering, and Peace Offering
- The parallels between the Tabernacle, Christ's ministry, and the church
- The symbolism of the Tabernacle's furnishings, such as the Golden Lampstand, the Table of the Bread of Presence, the Altar of Incense, and the Ark of the Convenant
- The garments of the high priest
- Elements of Passover and a "Christian Seder"
Features Tabernacle Pictures, Charts, Diagrams, and Clear Plastic Overlays Not Available Elsewhere!
Packed with full color Tabernacle pictures and with 8 clear plastic overlays showing inside/outside of the Tabernacle, this is truly a visual journey through the Tabernacle of Moses. You may reproduce up to 300 copies of any chart free of charge for your classroom.
Includes Dozens of Reproducible Charts and Timelines on the Tabernacle
- Time line of the Exodus
- Old Testament Covenants
- Sacrifices in the Tabernacle
- Comparison of priests of the Tabernacle, Levites, and the High Priest.
- Jesus and the high priest
- Symbolism of Jesus and the Veil
- Jesus and the Ark of the Covenant
"The book is very detailed and easy to use...The charts/diagrams are large and colorful and easy on the eyes, and jam-packed with wonderful information. The definition sidebars are also very useful. The overlays are irreplaceable for demonstration purposes...Bravo on a work well done!"— Mrs. Susan Clark, adult education teacher
Table of Contents for Rose Guide to the Tabernacle:
Section 1: God With Us (Why is the Tabernacle of Moses Important Today?)
- God Living with His People 4
- Israel in Egypt 8
- The Ten Plagues 9
- Time Line of the Exodus 10
- Old Testament Covenants 11
- Mount Sinai 12
- Where Is Mount Sinai? 13
- Why Is the Tabernacle Important Today? 1
Section 2: Tabernacle Overview (Tabernacle Design, Tabernacle Furnishings, and Tabernacle Sacrifices)
- The Tabernacle cutaway 16
- The Design of the Tabernacle 20
- Bible References about the Tabernacle 21
- Entering the Courtyard 24
- Gates in the Old Testament 26
- Ancient Gates and Gates in the New Testament 27
- The Courtyard 28
- The Bronze Altar 30
- Utensils 31
- Sacrifices in the Old Testament 32
- Sacrifices in the Tabernacle 33
- Jesus and Sacrifices 34
- The Bronze Laver 35
- Holiness and Purity in the Old Testament 36
- Purity, Impurity, and the Tabernacle 37
- Tabernacle tent 38
The Holy Place
- The Holy Place 52
- Tabernacle Symbolism 53
- The Holy Place 54
- The Golden Lampstand 56
- Jesus and Light 57
- Hanukkah 57
- Table of the Bread of Presence 58
- Communion 59
- The Altar of Incense 60
- Jesus, Incense, Prayer, and the Holy Spirit 61
- Intercessors in the Bible 62
Priests and the High Priest
- Priests, Levites, and the High Priest 63
- The High Priest 64
- Jesus and the High Priest 65
- Functions of the Priests 66
- Functions of the Priests 67
- The Garments of the High Priest 68
- Miter, Ephod, and Breastplate 69
- The Veil 72
- Jesus and the Veil 73
The Most Holy Place
- The Most Holy Place 74
- The Ark of the Covenant 75
- Contents of the Ark 76
- The Mercy Seat 80
- Jesus and the Pillar 81
- Manifestations of God s Presence 81
- The Journey of the Ark 82
- Jesus and the Ark of the Covenant 83
- The Ark in Battle 84
- Where is the Ark of the Covenant Today? 85
Section 3 The Movable Tent in the Wilderness, The Ten Commandments, the Feasts of the Bible, and More
- The Wilderness 89
- The Song of Moses 90
- Israel At Sinai 91
- The Ten Commandments 92
- Arrangement of the Camp 94
- Arrangement of the March 95
- Organization of the Tribes Camp and March 96
- The Feasts 97
Feasts of the Bible
- A Worshiping Community 98
- The Calendar 99
- Passover 100
- Unleavened Bread 104
- Firstfruits 106
- Feast of Weeks 108
- Feast of Trumpets 110
- Day of Atonement 112
- Atonement for Sins 113
- The Feast of Tabernacles
Suggested Discussion Questions for a Tabernacle Bible Study
- What is the Tabernacle and the elements found in the Tabernacle?
- Where is the Ark of the Covenant now?
- Why is the Tabernacle of 3500 years ago important today? What does it teach about God's plan of salvation?
- Could you explain the Bronze Altar and the sacrifice requirements?
- What did a high priest do?
- Who was allowed to enter the Courtyard, and what was required before entering?
- How has the role of the priest changed throughout the years?
- How does the Tabernacle connect the Old Testament and the New Testament?
- What were the sacrifices and their significance in the Tabernacle?
- What was the function of the veil?
- Why was the Mercy Seat deemed holy?
- What are the holy days and their meanings?
- What is the meaning of the Feast of Trumpets? The Day of Atonement? The Feast of Tabernacles?
Note to professors: Click here for textbook examination or desk copy policy.
Meet the Author of Rose Guide to the Temple: Benjamin Galan
Benjamin Galan grew up in a Christian home in Mexico City. During his studies, Galan became enamored with natural sciences. In college, Galen studied physics and mathematics, and grew indifferent and hostile toward the Christian faith. Along with the French mathematician Laplace, Galan believed God was no longer a necessary hypothesis.
After additional studies, Galan began to long for deep, satisfying connections and meaning in his young life. Through the moving testimony of a friend in school, Galan began to read the Bible with renewed eyes, and eventually returned to church. As he became more involved in the ministry of his home church, Galan sensed God's calling.
During his theological studies, Galan fell in love with the Old Testament and understood the Old Testament as the key for understanding the New Testament.
5 Reasons Why You Should Study the Tabernacle of Moses
The Tabernacle is important because it shows:
- God's desire to live among his people.
- God's original design for the world
- God's plan to fix a broken creation
- Insight into Jesus' life, his death, and his resurrection
- How the significance and the symbolism of the Tabernacle of Moses find their ultimate fulfillment in Christ
"[Rose Guide to the Tabernacle] is very detailed and easy to use. I facilitate adult education classes and use this book to assist in teaching. I especially found the charts/diagrams extremely helpful. At times I have made copies for the students to use, and they were received with great response! The charts/diagrams are large and colorful and easy on the eyes, and jam-packed with wonderful information. The definition sidebars are also very useful. The overlays are irreplaceable for demonstration purposes. This book has numerous references contained all in one!! (i.e. encyclopedia, dictionary....). I have encouraged students to purchase this resource, as it will provide for many years of enjoyment! Bravo on a work well done!"
Also available as an ebook at:
Review and Rate this Item
(based on 1 review)
Showing 1 Review:
| Rose Guide to the Temple
Temple is well written, scholarly work. There was clearly a lot of study and research put into it. Almost anyone could be enlightened by the extensive details in the book. The author does a good job of avoiding the details becoming a long list. Literary, it is decently written.
If someone does not like to read there are plenty of colorful, elaborate pictures and graphs. One can increase their knowledge simply by flipping through and reading the notes around the drawings. If someone does not like religion there are still plenty of historical facts throughout. A skeptic of Christianity can have a better understanding of Christian and Jewish faith and roots. It is simply a wealth of information.
Review and Rate this Item
I'm not exaggerating when I say, "wow". This is an absolutely stunning resource on Israel's Old Testament Tabernacle. Rose puts out some exceptional material as they faithfully equip the church of Jesus Christ to explore and teach the Bible and all things Christian.
Rose's Guide to the Tabernacle
is a 117 page hardcover and spiral bound book in the top tier of Rose's portfolio. This book is worth every penny. The authors start off exactly where they should: laying the foundational context for where the tabernacle fits in the grande story of redemption found in the scriptures. Creation, fall, flood, babel, Abraham, promises, covenants, slavery, redemption, law and worship! Enter the tabernacle; God's mobile worship center where He dwelt with His people, accepted their substitutional animal sacrifices for their sin and lead and guided them through Moses and Aaron. Here are some of the great features found in this book:
- Extensively detailed charts comparing the Levites, Priests and the High Priest, Intercessors in the Bible, Jesus and the Ark of the Covenant, organization of the tribes around the tabernacle, the Jewish calendar and its feasts and festivals and many more!
- Three different cutaway clear plastic overlays showing the most holy place, all of the coverings for its roof and the contents of the ark of the covenant.
- Beautiful full or two page illustrations of the glory of God above the tabernacle, the high priestly garments, the duties of the priests in the courtyard and in the holy place, the journey of the ark from Sinai to its probable destruction by the Babylonians in 586BC, full color and highly detailed maps of the journey from Egypt to Sinai and much more.
If you are only able to purchase one resource on the Tabernacle, make it Rose's Guide. You will have virtually everything you need for study and further research in this one volume and you definitely will not be disappointed.
I was provided this resource by Rose publishing in exchange for a free, unbiased and honest review.
Paul Wallace Wallace,
The Tabernacle Journey
If you go to the Facebook page The Tabernacle Journey you will see our efforts to reach out to Sedona and our many tourists with a full scale reproduction of the tabernacle. We actually used the Rose book to prepare the groups that were waiting to enter. One guest ordered a copy from you. It was very helpful. I attached the script we used for our guides. We had about 1000 visitors go through before one of the worst storms I have ever seen here made the structure unstable and the ground too wet. We fight quite a battle here in what the New Age calls its capital. Many were very moved. One Jewish man exclaimed at the end of the tour, "So the tabernacle was all about the Messiah!" --- Paul Wallace, The Tabernacle Journey
Peter Marchel Marchel
The Rose guide to the Tabernacle helped me understand the Tabernacle better as well as how I can apply the lessons from scripture in my daily walk with Jesus.
Rev. Cathy Sonnicksen Sonnicksen
Many thanks to Rose Publications for printing the guide to the tabernacle. I have been using all the Rose booklets on the tabernacle, but this amazing book is the best thing going. It has richly blessed my adult Sunday school classes and United Methodist Women's Bible Study. We have come to see much more clearly the ministry of Jesus Christ.
Liz Maude Maude
I am teaching Sunday School to 4-6th grade students and determined that their knowledge of the Old Testament was greatly lacking. I decided to take them through a study on the Tabernacle and as I researched materials that I could use, I discovered Rose Publishing's Rose Guide to the Tabernacle. I was hopeful that it would be helpful and ordered it. Upon receiving the book, I am very excited to have it as a resource for my class! The illustrations alone are very informative. I appreciate the text and the information given as well as the well-organized format. When I shared the book with my students as a preview of things to come, they were all excited. The layover sheets help to bring alive an understanding that goes beyond words. I would recommend this resource to anyone!
Terry Stewart, Teen Sunday School Teacher Stewart
I, as of yet, have not had anything but high praise for the quality of work that your company provides. The book, in question, meets all my expectations. It is very informative and the graphics draws a person to it's pages like a magnet. God bless you for all your hard work.
Mrs. Susan Clark Clark
The book is very detailed and easy to use. I facilitate adult education classes and use this book to assist in teaching. I especially found the charts/diagrams extremely helpful in these classes. At times I have made copies for the students to use, and they were received with great response! The charts/diagrams are large and colorful and easy on the eyes, and jam-packed with wonderful information. The definition sidebars are also very useful. The overlays are irreplaceable for demonstration purposes. This book has numerous references contained all in one!! (i.e. encyclopedia, dictionary....). I have encouraged students to purchase this resource, as it will provide for many years of enjoyment! Bravo on a work well done!
Wes & Pat Burnham Burnham
We as a husband & wife team are enjoying the Tabernacle Guide Book and charts very much. We have just gotten into the study of it and are reveiwing the various scarifices and offerings. We also like how the arrangement and layout of the outer court, the holy place and the holiest of holies are displayed. I appreciate the listing of the different feast and the meanings of them. I feel that it is a well done book in reference to Christ in the tabernacle. We plan to spend alot more time studing it all. I have been looking to order that book for a long time. We will take it with us to our Messianic Jewish Group when we study the journeys of the children of Israel in the wilderness and building of the tabernacle.