Rose Bible Basics: Christianity, Cults & Religions
List Price: $14.99|
Product Code: 662X
Also Available As:
Click HERE for a Free Downloadable Study Guide
Rose Bible Basics: Christianity, Cults & Religions - know what you believe and why
Christianity, Cults & Religions contains a side-by-side comparison of more than 40 world religions, cults and sects. Christianity, Cults & Religions is a well-researched introduction on comparative religions from a Christian viewpoint and will help you understand the teachings of Jesus and the Bible as well as learn the differences between other groups and beliefs. This is an excellent resource for people who have friends, coworkers, and neighbors of other faiths.
112 pages, 6 x 9 inch paperback.
Christianity, Cults & Religions takes a close look at the following groups:
- Theravada (path of the elders)
- Mahayana (greater vehicle)
- Vajrayana (diamond vehicle)
- Christian Science
- Eastern Mysticism
- Hare Krishna
- Shaivism (theistic rather than impersonalistic
- Shaktism (devotion to Shakti or the divine mother)
- Vaishnavism (worship of Vishnu)
- Jehovah's Witnesses
- Mormonism (Latter-day Saints or Mormons)
- Nation of Islam
- New Age Movement
- Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
- Scientology (Dianetics)
- Sikhism (combining Hinduism with Islam)
- Healthy, Happy, Holy (3HO)
- Radha Soami (Eckankar and MSIA Movement for Spiritual Inner Awareness)
- Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- Unification Church (Sun Myung Moon)
- Unity School
Christianity, Cults & Religions is a combination of seven very popular pamphlets:
- Founder, Date, Location
- Authoritative Writings
- Who is God?
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What happens after death?
- How does one gain Salvation?
- Other beliefs and practices
Christianity, Cults & Religions helps clarify the differences between various religions, cults, and religious movements and makes a great study guide for small groups, personal study, or Sunday school classes.
- Christianity, Cults & Religions
- Christianity, Cults & the Occult
- Christianity & Eastern Religions
- Islam & Christianity
- 10 Questions and Answers on Jehovah's Witnesses
- 10 Questions and Answers on Mormonism
- 10 Keys to Witnessing to Cults
Also available for Kindle and for iPhone/smartphones.
Christianity, Cults and Religions general editor Paul Carden is a longtime specialist in the field of cults and new religions around the world. Mr. Carden is Executive Director of the Centers for Apologetics Research (CFAR), and he has devoted nearly 30 years of his life to cult-related research and outreach in Latin America, Africa, eastern Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Paul's articles have appeared in such publications as Evangelical Missions Quarterly, East-West Church and Ministry Report, International Journal of Frontier Missions, and World Pulse. He has served on the editorial board of the Cultic Studies Review and is contributing editor of the weekly Apologia Report.
Review by: Bret Wehrly, Youth Sunday School Teacher, White Hall Baptist Church - July 27, 2009
I found the book very informative and simple to understand. The Bible speaks so much about false religions and many of my Bible students ask me questions about other religions. This resource puts the information I need all in one place.
Review by: Robert Murff, Associate Minister, Greater Northwest Baptist Church - July 23, 2009
I had begun to search around and find a study book for the class I’m teaching on cults and religions. One of the other teachers found your book. The material is very condensed and simple to follow. It has a good synoptic presentation of subjects…. Thank you so much for the material.