Four Views of the End Times Christian PowerPoint
Compare Four Major Views on the End Times—
See What They Say About Jesus' Second Coming, Revelation, and More!
So what does the Bible actually say about the end times that lead to Jesus' Second Coming? The differing ideas that divide believers into four major points-of-view are examined in this Christian PowerPoint on the end times.
This bestselling Four Views of the End Times PowerPoint® presentation shows four different Revelation timelines and tackles Pre- and Post-millennialism, as well as Historic Premillennialism and Amillennialism using objective information. For each view, the PowerPoint includes a definition of the position with supporting Scriptures, a timeline of the view's popularity, and a sampling of Christian leaders supporting that view.
Enjoy having an easy-to-understand overview of ALL the key Scriptures on end-times prophecy throughout the Bible and get unbiased explanations on each of the 4 different end-times views held by Christians. Using full-color images and diagrams, this presentation includes key Scriptures, definitions of terms, clear explanations, and side-by-side charts.
- Get a simple overview of each of the 4 views along with:
- A timeline showing the timing/sequence of events according to each view
- Insights into the view's main focus and what verses seem to back this view
- Key figures who supported the view, and when it was popular.
- Includes simple summaries of key terms/phrases, such as Millennium, Rapture, Great Tribulation, Preterism, and more.
- Features side-by-side charts that help you see the similarities and differences between each view at a glance.
The events leading up to the return of Jesus Christ are controversial, and many Christians identify with one of four positions: Dispensational Premillennialism, Historic Premillennialism, Amillennialism, or Postmillennialism. The Four Views of the End Times PowerPoint makes the viewpoints and their biblical support easy to understand. Packed with information regarding what Jesus and Paul taught about the end times, the presentation's handouts also includes a list of important terms and their definitions, such as:
- The Great Tribulation
Four Views of the End Times PowerPoint addresses end-time eschatology, outlining the four major points of view regarding events leading up to the second coming of Christ. Below is the outline applied to each of the four Revelation time lines with a few examples:
- What is emphasized by the view
- Which Scriptures seem to support the position
- The time period for the view's main popularity
- Dispensational Premillennialism—Gained acceptance in the 1800s and is still widespread
- Historic Premillennialism —The earliest view following the time of the apostles
- Amillennialism —Emerged in the 5th century; championed by St. Augustine
- Postmillennialism—Became popular in the 1800s but decreased in 1900s as a result of the Great Depression
- A graphic timeline showing the order of events held by that view
- A sampling of Christian leaders sharing the viewpoint
- Dispensational Premillennialism: Dr. Charles Stanley, Rev. Tim Lahaye, Hal Lindsay
- Historic Premillennialism: Justin Martyr AD 100-165, John Warwick Montgomery — current
- Amillennialism: Martin Luther, John Calvin
- Postmillennialism: Jonathan Edwards, R.C. Sproul
Over 100 slides
Mac and PC compatible.
About the Author: Dr. Timothy Paul Jones
Timothy Paul Jones serves as a professor of Christian ministry and as associate vice president at the Southern Baptist Theological seminary, where he teaches courses in applied apologetics and family ministry.
Before teaching at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, he led churches in Missouri and Oklahoma as pastor and associate pastor. Dr. Jones has authored or contributed to more than a dozen books, including PROOF; Conspiracies and the Cross; and, Christian History Made Easy. In 2007, Charles Colson listed him as one of "four names you need to know" when responding to the new atheists and in 2010, Christian Retailing magazine selected Christian History Made Easy as the book of the year in the field of Christian education.
He is married to Rayann and they have three daughters. The Jones family works in SojournKids and community group ministry at Sojourn Community Church.
See the Rose Publishing PowerPoint® FAQs. These FAQs include help for iPad® users.