Parables Of Jesus Download (Make 1-3 Copies)
List Price: $3.99|
Product Code: 1749X
Also Available As:
|Price: ||Intended Use: ||You may print |
|$3.99 ||Personal Use ||1-3 copies |
|$14.99 ||Groups, Bible Studies, Individual Classes ||Up to 20 copies |
|$39.99 ||Churches, Schools, Organizations, Homeschool Academies, Campus Ministries ||Up to 1000 copies |
The PDF Download Version of Parables of Jesus Pamphlet
Instantly download this pamphlet onto your computer, phone, and/or tablet device!
Experience the convenience of having this amazing Bible Study Tool at your fingertips—wherever you go! Plus, you can read, search, enlarge, and print the pamphlet right off your computer.
Jesus used parables to communicate important truth about God's Kingdom. Parables of Jesus is a 14-page full color pamphlet that will introduce you to the parables of Jesus. All 39 of these "heavenly stories with earthly meanings" are explained: the Prodigal Son, the Good Samaritan, the Lost Sheep, the Mustard Seed, the Talents, and more. Parables of Jesus is an excellent way to learn more about the stories that show God's purposes in the world. Parables of Jesus also includes tips for studying parables for Bible Study groups.
Parables of Jesus discussion and study questions:
Jesus used parables to explain truths about God's Kingdom. These stories bring us wisdom, comfort, and instruction.
- Read panels 1, 11-13 on "Interpretation of Parables" to understand the basics of parables and how Jesus used them.
- Using the suggestions on panel 12, study these parables to get started-
- The Pharisee and the Tax Collector - #38. Read from Luke 18:19-14
- The Good Samaritan - #23. Read from Luke 10:30-37
- The Rich Fool - #25. Read from Luke 12:16-21
- Using the steps on panel 13, go deeper with each of these parables. You may want to use a study Bible or a commentary to find out the cultural and historical background.
- Now that you have studied these three parables, read through the remaining 36 parables and choose three more to study. How are they similar? How different?
- Continue through the rest of the parables. Identify the main points.
- What is the most important characteristic of God you identified in each of these parables?
- Knowing this about God and his kingdom, how should people live and make their decisions? Pick one area in your life that you would handle differently as a result of this insight.
- What specifically will you do this week?
Benjamin GalÃ¡n, MTS, ThM, the award-winning author of the Rose Guide to the Tabernacle, which won the 2009 Christian Retailers' Choice Award in Bible Reference. He is Adjunct Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament Literature at Fuller Theological Seminary.
Benjamin GalÃ¡n grew up in a Christian home in Mexico City. During his studies, GalÃ¡n became enamored with natural sciences. In college, Galen studied physics and mathematics, and grew indifferent and hostile toward the Christian faith. Along with the French mathematician Laplace, Galan believed God was no longer a necessary hypothesis.
After additional studies, GalÃ¡n began to long for deep, satisfying connections and meaning in his young life. Through the moving testimony of a friend in school, GalÃ¡n began to read the Bible with renewed eyes, and eventually returned to church. As he became more involved in the ministry of his home church, GalÃ¡n sensed God's calling.
During his theological studies, GalÃ¡n fell in love with the Old Testament and understood the Old Testament as the key for understanding the New Testament.