Easily compare 20 Bible translations in a single glance with this ready-to-use PowerPoint® presentation, including King James Version, New International Version, the Message, and more! This 175-slide Bible translations PowerPoint® presentation includes key information at a glance, including the name of the translation, the method of translation, textual basis, why it was created, and more.
Discover what these 20 translations have in common, how they differ, and which one is best for you! Find out the difference between word-for-word translations; balance translations; thought-for-thought, and more! Covers KJV, NIV, AMP, NASB, NLT, NKJV, ESV, and Message translation. Click here for the full list of all translations covered.
Experience the confidence in having reliable and up-to-date information on the most popular English Bible translations and versions, whether you're teaching a class or helping someone choose a Bible. With just the click of a mouse, get an overview of the major English translations of the Bible available and find out where they came from! Answers important questions like:
- Why do we have so many different versions of the English Bible?
- What is the difference between all these Bible translations?
- Why do new translations of the Bible keep appearing?
- What are the most popular or best Bible translations today?
- How do I choose the right Bible for my reading level?
Gain fresh on the different English translations of the Bible with this dynamic new PowerPoint® presentation. Perfect for new believers' classes, Bible studies, small groups, and even your congregation!
3 Key Features of the Bible Translations Comparison PowerPoint® Lesson
1. Enjoy Having a Solid Overview of 20 Bible Translation and Version
Easily get an understanding of how each translation differs, what the purposes or origins of the translations are, and even decide which translation is right for you! This Bible Translations Comparison PowerPoint® presentation includes:
Includes helpful charts organizing the top 20 Bible translations by reading level and translation method for your convenience!
- Easy-to-understand explanation of the 4 key methods of translation
- Shows key information at a glance! This side-by-side chart comparing 20 translations in 8 key areas:
- Year it was translation
- Number of translators
- Translation method & reading level
- Textual bases (which manuscripts were use)
- Purpose (why was it created?)
- Fascinating facts
- Sample verse (so you can easily compare each translation to each other)
- Includes a quick-reference glossary on 13 "Important Words to Know" such as: Apocrypha, Biblia Hebraica, Dead Sea Scrolls, Masoretic Text, Septuagint, and more!
2. Relevant. Easily Compare the Top 20 English Bible Translations Today!
From the timeless King James Bible and the popular New International Version to the English Standard Version and Message Bible, learn the incredible histories of these versions and how they came to be. This Bible translation comparison PowerPoint® presentation covers—
- American Standard Version (ASV)
- Amplified Bible (AMP)
- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
- Revised Standard Version (RSV)
- New Revised Standard Version (NSRV)
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- King James Version (KJV)
- New King James Version (NKJV)
- New Jerusalem Bible (NJB)
- New American Bible (NAB)
- New International Version 2011 (NIV)
- Common English Bible (CEB)
- Today's New International Version (TNIV)
- God's Word (GW)
- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
- New Century Version (NCV)
- New Living Translation (NLT)
- New International Readers Version (NIrV)
- Good News Translation (GNT)
- Contemporary English Version (CEV)
- The Message
3. Reproducible Worksheets and Notes to Teach an Incredible Bible Translations Comparison Presentation
Teaching has never been easier. Included in the PowerPoint® CD you will find—
Give your class or Bible study the tools they need to know on comparing Bible versions and equip them for a solid lifelong habit of Bible reading!
- Handy notes and additional references for teaching and your students
- An incredible chart of the Three Most Popular Greek Texts
- Application questions for discussion, study, and reflection
- A list of need-to-know key terms and definitions like: Apocrypha, Dead Sea Scrolls, Septuagint, and much more!
Use for —
- Individual study
- Small Group or Sunday School class
- Christian School
- New Believers' class
- Church library