10 Questions And Answers On Mormonism Pamphlet
List Price: $3.99|
Product Code: 579X
What do Mormons teach about Jesus, the Trinity, God, baptism for the dead, and how to be saved? The Latter-day Saints often use Christian terms, but mean something completely different. The 10 Questions & Answers on Mormonism bestselling pamphlet will help you to compare Christian beliefs with Mormon beliefs.
This glossy, full-color pamphlet provides a clear summary of what Mormons (Latter-day Saints) believe, their practices, and history. 10 Q & A's offers sound tips for interacting with Mormon friends, neighbors, and co-workers, and much more.
Size: 8.5"x 5.5" unfolds to 33" long. Fits inside most Bible covers.
10 Questions & Answers on Mormonism is an excellent tool for outreach and missions groups, or for anyone wanting to understand more about this controversial religious group. This compelling Q & A pamphlet examines 10 critical questions regarding the beliefs and practices of Latter-day Saints (LDS) and responds with what the Bible teaches about each:
- Did the Christian church really need to be restored?
- Was Joseph Smith a true prophet of God?
- What is Mormon scripture?
- Is the Bible trustworthy Scripture?
- Is the Book of Mormon an ancient document?
- Is the God of Mormonism the God of the Bible?
- Does Mormonism teach the truth about Jesus?
- Can we earn our salvation?
- Why do Mormons build temples?
- Does Mormonism teach polygamy?
10 Questions & Answers on Mormonism pamphlet provides answers to 10 of the most important questions regarding Mormonism. Readers and students of other religions and cults will find answers to these and other claims Mormons make:
- After the death of the original apostles, the church slipped into "the Great Apostasy."
- Joseph Smith, the church's founder, is a modern "prophet, seer, and revelator" revealing divine truth.
- Mormonism claims four "standard works" or writings including the Bible, but also the Book of Mormon, The Pearl of Great Price, and the Doctrines and Covenants.
- All humans preexisted in heaven before becoming human.
- After he rose from the dead, Jesus went to the Americas.
- Sin that is not overcome robs the Mormon of any assurance of reaching the celestial kingdom.
- Mormonism believes that God is one among many gods stretching into eternity past.
This pamphlet explores the beliefs, practices and history of this controversial group, including interesting ideas and prophecies by founder Joseph Smith. Among many other ideas, many Mormons believe:
- The restoration of true Christianity began when God and Jesus appeared to Joseph Smith.
- Joseph Smith is second only to Jesus.
- The Book of Mormon is "the most correct of any book on earth."
- God was a mortal who attained his exalted state by obedience to eternal laws and principles.
The10 Questions & Answers on Mormonism includes a "Glossary of Mormon Terms." The glossary is extremely helpful to those who desire to witness to Mormons. The glossary explains the following terms and many others:
- Baptism for the dead—A temple ritual in which a Mormon "proxy" is baptized on behalf of a deceased person.
- First Vision—An event that Mormons claim took place in 1820 in which God and Jesus appeared to Joseph Smith and told him all the churches were wrong and that their creeds were an abomination.
- Priesthood—The priesthood gives Mormon males the power and authority to act on behalf of God.
- Temples—Special buildings reserved for ordinances for the dead, marriages for "time and eternity," and "sealings" of families for eternity.
The 10 Questions & Answers on Mormonism offers a listing of additional resources for learning more about Mormons/Latter-day Saints, and additional insights and information that improve outreach to Mormon co-workers and acquaintances. The following is a sampling of helpful tips:
- Don't assume that a Mormon defines a word the same way you do.
- Do define your terms and have them define theirs.
- Do concentrate on core issues such as what the Mormons believe about God the Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and other key issues.
Paul Carden, general editor, is a longtime specialist in the field of cults and new religions around the world. He is the executive director of the Centers for Apologetics Research (CFAR) in San Juan Capistrano, California, and general editor of Christianity, Cults & Religions. He is former co-host of the "Bible Answer Man" radio program. He speaks and writes extensively on the topic of "Confronting Cults on World Mission Fields. Paul has devoted nearly 30 years of his life to cult-related research and outreach in Latin America, Africa, eastern Europe, and the former Soviet Union. In 1980, Paul joined the Christian Research Institute (CRI) under its founder, Walter Martin. For six of his fifteen years at CRI Paul served as a missionary in São Paulo, Brazil, and for six years he co- hosted the live, nationwide "Bible Answer Man" radio broadcast alongside Ron Rhodes, Robert M. Bowman, Jr., Kenneth Samples, and other noted apologists. During his time at CRI he was also the ministry's director of international outreach and a senior editor of the Christian Research Journal (1989-1995).
Also available as an ebook at:
Ronald Miller, Writer for Star Exponent Miller
"Now let’s visit a more detailed view of Mormonism.
They do not believe in the Triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit –three in one) and they further believe that God was a mere man who became a God and has many wives and spirit babies…They function as a close-knit society of secrecy…[And,] the only way for a Mormon woman to enter the celestial kingdom (their version of heaven) is by way of the husband receiving her.
Truly the aforementioned speaks volumes to the chasm that exists between Christianity and Mormonism.
Special thanks to Rose Publishing’s “10 Q&A on Mormonism” pamphlet – the most informative [pamphlet] I have ever read and [I] highly recommend [it] as a 'must read.'
Pastor Rich Carlson, Superintendent Carlson,
Intermountain West District - Evangelical Fellowship of Free
For the past 15 and a half years, I have been superintendent of the Intermountain West District, which is now affiliated with the Evangelical Fellowship of Free Churches.
...Your work with Bill McKeever, has led you both to produce an amazing work, condensing the most important things about Mormonism that the average Christian needs to know and understand. I find the footnotes,...extremely helpful to document the quotes from the LDS founder along with many other LDS past presidents and leaders. I would recommend your work as being the finest work for the average Christian who has contact with LDS friends. Witnessing tools are to be found all over, but they often are so detailed that the reader can be intimidated and become fearful to share with LDS friends. That is tragic, for God wants us all to share our faith. May God continue to use you and your amazing new tool.
—Pastor Rich Carlson, Superintendent, Intermountain West District of the Evangelical Fellowship of Free Churches--in three states currently, Utah, Idaho and Wyoming
B.V. Henry Henry
“It is very good to have a material so concise and attractive, easy to handle as folders. Congratulations! I hope that you found a wide audience worldwide to spread this knowledge--- it is worth the effort.” …“amazed by its quality and content. Whereas so much Christian literature is pure entertainment, here we have something didactic presented in an attractive way, rich in spiritual substance.”