What should you know about the Jehovah's Witnesses who come to your door? If you are a Christian or just interested in knowing the beliefs of this religious group, the 10 Questions & Answers on Jehovah's Witnesses pamphlet will help. It compares Christian beliefs and Watchtower teachings on 10 of the most important questions regarding Jehovah's Witnesses, including information on how the Jehovah's Witnesses began, the prophecies made by their leader, Charles Taze Russell, the number of people who will go to heaven, and the reliability of the Watchtower's New World Translation, and much more. Full color and glossy, the pamphlet explains the key beliefs, practices, and history of this group and how their teachings contradict biblical Christianity. This bestselling tool compares Jehovah's Witness beliefs with Christian beliefs, and helps Christians know how to respond when Jehovah's Witnesses come to the door.
Size: 8.5"x 5.5" unfolds to 33" long. Fits inside most Bible covers.
10 Questions & Answers on Jehovah's Witnesses is an excellent tool for outreach and missions groups, or for anyone wanting to understand more abut this controversial religious group. This compelling 10 Q & A pamphlet examines critical questions regarding the beliefs and practices of the Jehovah's Witnesses and responds with what the Bible teaches about each:
- How did Jehovah's Witnesses begin?
- Is God's true name really Jehovah?
- Is the Trinity really a pagan doctrine?
- Is Jesus Christ God?
- Is the Holy Spirit just God's active force?
- Will only 144,000 people go to heaven?
- Can only Jehovah's Witnesses be saved?
- Is the Watchtower's New World Translation reliable?
- Which is the final authority: the Bible or the Watchtower?
- What else do Jehovah's Witnesses believe?
10 Questions & Answers on Jehovah's Witnesses pamphlet provides answers to 10 of the most important questions regarding Jehovah's Witnesses.
Readers and students of other religions and cults will find answers to these and other claims Jehovah's Witnesses make:
- It's critical to call God by his personal name, Jehovah
- Christianity's idea of the Trinity is like Babylonian and Egyptian mythology
- After the death of the original apostles, Christianity slipped into "the Great Apostasy"
- In heaven, Jesus was an archangel
- Only the 144,000 Christians living between Pentecost and 1935, called the "anointed class," will live in Heaven as spirits forever
- Jehovah's Witnesses don’t believe in holidays and celebrations
This pamphlet explores the beliefs, practices and history of this controversial group, including interesting ideas and prophecies by founder Charles Taze Russell. Among many other ideas, Russell believed:
- He was chosen by God to provide spiritual truth for Jehovah's true worshippers in the last days.
- The world would end in 1914. He changed that year to 1915, then to 1918.
- The Great Pyramids in Giza foretold dates for the end of the world.
The 10 Questions & Answers on Jehovah's Witnesses offers a listing of additional resources for learning more about Jehovah's Witnesses, and "You Should Also Know" sections that provide additional information on topics such as:
- Troublesome teachings
- Misconceptions of the Trinity
- The only true God
- The Holy Spirit is God
- The 144,000
- Two destinies
- New World Translation translators
- Christians in world governments
The pamphlet also offers "Tips for Talking with Jehovah's Witnesses." The following is a sampling of the helpful tips to improve outreach to JW co-workers and acquaintances:
- Do pray to "Jehovah God"
- Do challenge the Jehovah's Witness trust in the Watchtower
- Do ask the Jehovah's Witness to help you understand how to reconcile their beliefs with the Bible.